Friday, January 11, 2013

Family Time


So now that the busyness of the holidays are over, I decided we were going to do something fun as a family and take the boys ice skating for the first time.

Now mind you, the boys are 5 and 3 years old, so my husband and I weren't quite sure how this was going to play out, although, I think Scott was more leery of the idea than I was. Last weekend, we headed out to Memorial Park's outdoor skating rink.

I guess you could say ice skating is sort of a treasured past time of ours. While I was attending SDSU, Scott and I would head over to the indoor skating rink in Brookings on a Friday or Saturday night. and skate. We can skate fairly well, so it was always fun. This was probably the first time we've been skating since.

As expected, skating was a little rocky for the boys to start off with. We were doing everything we could to keep them upright and not fall too hard. By the end of the two hours, Jack was at least skating (walking across the ice) and skating with the assistance of a traffic cone. Cameron was so determined to skate .. he never wanted us to help him up after he would tumble down.  He kept saying "Let me get up by myself, I will do it."

The boys were so determined to skate, it made it very enjoyable and so fun to watch their progress. We can't wait to take them again. This weekend is Frosty Frolics and ice skating is free all weekend. Otherwise, it's only $1 for kids and $3 for adults to rent skates at any of the Sioux Falls outdoor skating rinks.




Daddy and the boys




Jack and I doing the chicken pose (I don't know, it was his idea).


And again
Crazy Jack


Proud boy


Jack said this picture looks like we're getting married. Where do kids come up with this stuff?


Mommy, Cameron, and Jack










No comments:

Post a Comment